Feature request: workflow for direct purchases
I'd like to use the platform as part of a funnel and allow prospects to sign up to front end products directly. But at the moment, the workflow is too clunky for this to work. There are 2 blockers as I see it:
1. The platform requires that the user creates an account before starting checkout. It's also not very clear that the user might need to create an account as it looks like a login page. Ideally there would be the ability to checkout as guest with minimal input to secure the purchase, with account creation coming afterwards.
2. Same theme as above, the workflow demands that the onboarding form is completed prior to payment. For a bundle, this could be a huge amount of info that the prospect doesn't have time to complete in the moment, leaving to significant abandonment. Again, the forms really need to come after purchase for the conversion to work
Appreciate the feedback Chris and Thomas - we are definitely going to be making this workflow much easier for your customers this year. Here's the rough plan for what we're doing.
1. We've just released a "Buy it Now" link that can be used with any prospect that you've loaded into the platform. This allows the recipient to make a purchase without having to log in first. You can read more about it here: https://support.vendasta.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500004107441
2. The above link won't work well if you're using it for more than small number of prospects, so this quarter we'll be creating a widget that can be embedded in our email campaign software so you can better send these out at scale.
3. Our designers are working on a new workflow for your public storefront that will allow for purchases prior to any business app sign up/sign in. The intention is to funnel prospects to a purchase with as little friction (and clicks) as possible. This is likely to be out in Q3.
We're also hard at work on some related initiatives that will make all of the above better, like allowing for products to be sold on your storefront without having to be packaged first, allowing the end purchaser to pick the edition/addons themselves as part of the purchase process, and various other public storefront improvements.
I'd be more than happy to schedule some time with either of you this week to personally go over our roadmap and what we're looking to deliver to you this year, we're very open to making adjustments to our plans to better meet your problems.
Ultimately, we want to give you something that will allow you to funnel prospects to purchase as easily and quickly as possible.