Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect
with like-minded conquerers around the world.

Notifications
Clear all

Merchant Services [Solved] merchant services for Australian partners

Votes

Topic starter

Hi is there any ETA on having the vendasta payments for us

Vote

Hello, Dave!

My name's Nick and I've recently joined Vendasta to be the Product Marketing Manager working on the billing product. Nice to meet you!

I've got great news! We're currently working on the contract amendment with Stripe right now! Our development team is also working on getting that implemented within the next couple of weeks then we need to QA it.

It'd be safe to assume that you'll be seeing this roll out to you early-to-mid January!

Cheers,
Nicholas Van Zant

Votes

Hi Paul,

Outside of the US or Canada, you can use our invoicing function regardless of what country you are in. You can manually create and automatically generate invoices and email them to your clients.

For Vendasta Payments, your wholesale billing address (your address in our system) must be in Canada or the US in order to add a US or Canadian bank account. Once you have that US or Canadian bank account, you can charge in whatever currency your markets are in and your payouts will be deposited into your account in either US or CAD dollars.

We will be working on opening up bank accounts for Vendasta Payments to more countries near the end of the quarter.

I hope that helps!

Amy

Votes

Thanks Amy, is there any info on how to open a bank account in Canada from here because I really would love to have the automated billing

Votes

Hi Paul,

Perhaps start here? https://www.canada.ca/en/financial-consumer-agency/services/banking/opening-bank-account.html

And we'll definitely be in touch once we have Australian availability.

Best,
Amy

Votes

Hi Amy, sorry is there any update on this?

Votes

Hi Paul,

We've had to push back this work and don't have an immediate ETA. Our apologies. But we will be sure to notify you the moment it's back on our roadmap and ready for release!

Best,
Amy

Votes

Hi Paul and Amy, I was told when signing up for Vendasta that Australian Merchant services would be ready in September 2020. It's now December and still not ready, a little disappointing and surely not that hard using Stripe Connect exactly the same way Canada and US are set up.

Is this on the roadmap? When will it be ready?

Votes

Hi Nicholas,

Welcome aboard! This is great news. If you need an early tester I'd be happy to take part as I am currently set up as a US user but can't really send invoices to Australian clients with GST from a US address so I have been avoiding invoicing through the platform.

Another suggestion is the ability to set a starting invoice number in Vendasta i.e. currently it's just invoice 00007 it would be nice be able to set this to start with a designated number e.g. 0015386 as most people would be migrating from another invoicing platform. Even better again would be adding a custom prefix e.g. CurtisE-INV 00015386

Thanks for the good news, happy to discuss if you have any questions.

Cheers, Dave

Votes

Topic starter

this is great news, it will make the billing so much easier

Votes

Hey, Dave!

Thanks for the warm welcome and thank you very much for the awesome feedback! I'll pass that along to the product team.

Also, I really appreciate you offering to help out as an early tester. I'd love to hop on a call with you to chat about your experience so far, and to hear more about you yourself!

If you're up for it, please feel free to schedule a time on my calendar at https://bookmenow.info/nicholasvanzant at your convenience.

Cheers,
Nicholas

Votes

Hi Nicholas, all booked in for tomorrow 9:15 am Sydney time.