Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect
with like-minded conquerers around the world.

Notifications
Clear all

Setting Up Google Workspace Email and Calendar on Iphone

Votes

Topic starter

I have a new employee who is receiving a bad gateway error when trying to connect his Google email account via Workspace to the Apple Mail App. I've been using it for years and it works, so I'm a bit useless in helping to find a solution. Any guidance?

Thank You!

1 Answer

Votes

Hi mdavern313,
Thanks for reaching out!

It seems like the problem is with SSO logins through the Mail App they are using. With the default login settings when you activate Google Workspace, users logging into Google will get redirected to Business App to log in. If the Mail App is having trouble doing an SSO redirect to Business App, they won't be able to log in.

If we don't end up finding the root issue right away, there's a few ways to work around this:

• Option 1: You could try logging in from a different email app on your phone, or any of the web browser Apps.
  • Option 2: If the user is an admin in Google Workspace (you can make them an admin inside Google's Admin Console - details here), then they can log in with a normal Google password instead of getting redirected to Business App.
  • Option 3: You can temporarily disable the SSO setting in our Google Admin Portal (not Google's Admin Console, but the portal you can access from the account in Partner Center), under the settings tab. But if you don't turn SSO back on, users won't be able to access Google Workspace from Business App (they would need to set up a new password to use on the Google login page).

We would like to find the root issue though. I'll get someone from support to reach out to you for specific details, so that we can try to reproduce their issue.