Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect
with like-minded conquerers around the world.

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] WooCommerce Integration

Votes

Topic starter

One issue that has kept me from really getting into the Vendasta dashboard for sometime is what I often call "The great wall of Vendasta". The fact that you allow for zero 3rd party integration outside of approved. If there was a wordpress plugin that allowed communication between our online store and the dashboard / marketplace, that could make things 1000x times better for all parties involved. As it stands now, I either have to accept upgrade orders and new product orders from the marketplace and then manually fufill them in woocommerce so there is a running history of orders and regular billing, or I could use Vendasta's checkout prodcessor and lose my marketing funnel, upsells, built in support ticket histories, etc that the user has on the website.

7 Answers

Votes

Hey Carlos! I think what you're asking for a recommendation engine. For example, you'd like your customer to answer a series of questions, then have our platform recommend a set of products based on their answers.

We don’t have exactly that, but we do have recommendations in Business App. This feature makes simple recommendations to users of Business App to help your clients find additional value and use features they have access to. Recommendations consist of a sentence or two explaining a feature they can use, and contains one or two links to either use the feature, see available solutions in your store, or learn more about it.

So my recommendation to you would be to get as many prospects on the Local Business Online Toolkit as possible, configure your upsell path, then watch as your new clients self-upgrade!

Votes

Topic starter

"outside of approved marketplace vendors" that should say. For some reason I am unable to edit. thanks

Votes

Hi Roz,

Thanks for the feedback! This quarter, our teams are looking into better ecommerce integrations. Would you be interested in providing us with feedback as a Trusted Tester? You could help shape our roadmap and receive early access.

We'd love to work with you!

Votes

YES! I am currently building out an extensive wocoomerce based product site for the Vendasta services - I have extensive experience with WooC and would absolutely love to be a part of an integration testing program!

PS: Don't say you'd love to work with me so quickly, Im constantly correcting/arguing with your tech support and probably have my picture on their wall of shame heh heh 😉

Thanks for the offer.

@Roz . Hey! Are you planning on building a plugin? If so, I’d love to help test and conceptualize. I have a good amount of background on WooCommerce and Wordpress, we too are looking for a way to connect Vendasta to Wordpress, that’d be the ultimate integration!

Votes

My topic is somewhat related to 'WooCommerce Integration' as I am trying to get my store up and running. I am a little different in that I want my store to do its own selling with as little involvement on my part as possible. Thus, I am not looking to wine and dine too many clients with the store (but i won't turn away any big spenders....but that is outside of the scope of this post)...so I have been struggling how to position the store to handle 'conditional navigation' (not sure what else to call the fact that I have to ask customer questions, such as, do you prefer to integrate your website with FB, maybe right after asking them if they have a FB page). Another example is wether the customer has an existing domain, as based on that, they may or may not need to buy one...and so on). Do I begin to pursue this outside of what Vendastra provides in their store right now (which has grown tremendously), or is there enough already in the Vendasta platform to handle conditional navigation with forms/vendor apps. I am no longer a hard core programmer...so I'm looking for easiest/most manageable implementation....TIA!

Votes

Thx Rylan. I think that will work. I can make it work, but I guess the best example I can think of is like creating forms, or using conditional knowledge via divi; or something similar, that can collect responses from the user dynamically so that we can tailor the upsell. Easiest example(s): 1) You already post on FB, and dont necessarily need an elaborate website...you need pagevamp, and then it has to be determined whether they already have a domain, want to buy a godaddy domain, or dont care and want to allow pagevamp manage the domain (which I guess at this time, I don't know what happens to the domain if the customer then decides to not use pagevamp anymore). The ability to have everything all ready to go within Vendasta is attactive as you can grow with them (case in point as it just happened with the introduction of merchant services thru Vendasta). Just trying to see what others are doing. Thx again!

Votes

Hey, I just built a WooCommerce enabled site with the Vendasta team. Great experience. See myionsure.com I can answer questions about a few Woo plugins that we installed. Email me: mike@roov.io

Mike