IT'S CLOSING DAY! Month end closing tactics
It might be your fav day of the month or worst day of the month depending on your position on the leaderboard! I am looking to the community for CLOSING DAY best practices. Leave them here! #conquerlocal
Best practices for closing day:
- Hammer the phone. Call everyone that even has a remote chance of signing a deal with you today
- Use your creativity to offer extra value in your deals to get commitment.
- Ask for the business, ask for the deal, reaffirm why you are the best choice
- Get yourself a cup of hot coffee for closing a few extra deals and hitting quota
- Start Early/Finish Late. This is the most exciting day of the month but also the most stressful.
- If you can’t reach them by calling, send them a text message. Don’t waste an opportunity.
- Figure out the biggest blocker on whats holding them back on getting started today.
- Craft a deal that works for both parties!
- Crush a Whisky/White claw in the evening when you are done.
@aleblanc you are one of the top closers I have ever worked with, folks you can learn something from this “coffee drinker”
Thanks Spenny! Great job walking the walk! You can drink coffee in the sales room anyday!
Today might be your closing day but it doesn’t mean that it is your customer or prospects. Calling them and acting desperate will say more about you and the longer term value in the relationship. Take the time to find something in the news, social media or relative to their industry as a way to share value and follow up. I always told my team that if you forget why you matter when the month starts coming to a close there are a couple of things to keep in mind. Tomorrow no matter where you finish the month you start at $0, step away from the grind and reach out early in the day to a customer that you have established a bond with and touch base for a 5-10 minute check in. No pressure during the conversation rather a reminder that you are valuable and can help customers and prospects with a business problem. After the call start reaching out and including your value along with the information you uncovered to share. By the way, if you are worried at the last day of the month it seems to me like you are at least a week late, just saying.
I think making sure you are focusing on any outstanding pieces that might have a chance of closing is super important. No matter the size of the deal, gives you and your customers the ability to focus on what is next the following month.
Every one is busy, including the people you are working with. They might not have had a chance to finalize their decision on this and need that reminder. Speaking to closing the month with a bang/positive note is something that has also been helpful. That way next month is centered around the action plan and additional growth.
To @thomdevos point above, it is not the end all be all. Make sure you are curating your pipeline accordingly if there is still opportunity the following month. Stay consistent with your opportunities if it is closing day or the first day of the month.
Love closing days and closing hours.
When I am down to closing:
- Ask if they agree with your point. If Yes, and your are far enough along - ask for the close!
- Most folks forget to ask for the close.
- If they say they aren’t ready, what are looking for, or what would it take. Then show them.
- Ask for the close.
- After the close - ask for a referral.
Thanks for sharing this.
Question, what are some of your favorite ways to ask for the sale? What exactly do you like to say?
Approach conversations in a way that shows you care and offer your support while consider what timelines the person on the other side of the phone is working with. How can you work together to find a result that pays dividends to both parties? If you’re in constant communication you should know what you can push a little harder on, or even ask a favour on to get it across the line.
Follow-up is key! Hold your prospects and yourself accountable.
Wisdom, from my mentor & friend @thomdevos. Have a look at Mr Devos CV on Linkedin and you will see that this wisdom was earned in the trenches with one of the biggest names in the CSP channel. If you manage your pipeline properly you shouldn’t have to push hard to get deals at the end of the month! I am glad someone called this out!