Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect
with like-minded conquerers around the world.

Notifications
Clear all

LinkedIn: Social Selling vs. Relationship Building

Bryce Turner
18 Points
Topic starter

Recently I have been bombarded with connection requests on LinkedIn that are sales or service pitches rather than actual genuine connection requests. I was curious whether others were having the same experience and how they were handling these requests?

Is LinkedIn a selling tool? Or is it a relationship-building tool? Or is it both?

My tip for LinkedIn connection requests…Have a compelling reason to connect. Establish yourself as a credible, authentic person. Make sure that you are connecting over something that they care about or that delivers a successful outcome for them.

How does your organization effectively use LinkedIn to build strong relationships that lead to business relationships?

5 Replies
rinipshebylo
28 Points

This is great, Bryce! Totally agree with having a compelling reason to connect! I love when people connect with me and we share something in common—industry, job, interests, skills. Gives you a great opportunity to open up the conversation and make a memorable initial connection.

ctraversa
139 Points

Bryce, great topic! Recently I have also been receiving few requests, I love to connect with people but I think it would be more beneficial if they do a quick introduction and share what we have in common and how we can benefit from the connection. This also help me to start a conversation that is valuable for the new connection.

I like to view LinkedIn as a relationship-builder tool, that lead into sale.

MarketingJack
81 Points

LinkedIn seems to be very active with sales related people. Trying to find actual business owners on it is my challenge and hope that I can come up with a strategy that works for that.

mikecorso
84 Points

Jack,

I run a very effective lead gen service (my own vendor product in the Marketplace). Take a look:

https://roovio.smblogin.com/public/store/ROOV/default/package/SOL-8d4a9704-a29d-420a-90f1-3f9cfde6ddd4

Call if you’d like to discuss.

Mike Corso
(914) 907-9733

MarketingJack
81 Points

Thanks Mike, I appreciate it