Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect
with like-minded conquerers around the world.

Notifications
Clear all

Remote Work - Adapting to Challenges and Change

Bryce Turner
18 Points
Topic starter

Recent development around the COVID-19 virus has generated attention to having employees work remotely from home. With current estimates that 30 to 70% of the population will acquire COVID-19, it has accelerated the need for companies to have a remote work strategy immediately.

• Do you work from home?

• Is your organization developing or implementing a Remote Work Strategy?

• Does your company already offer Remote Work or Flex Time to your employees? How has it affected business?

• What tools do you use or will you need for you and your team to work remotely?

5 Replies
Erica Chessall
65 Points

Hey Bryce,

Great post. I have worked remote in the past, though I prefer an office environment. In the midst of COVID-19, my organization may implement a strategy to have all employees work remote. Luckily, my organization does offer Flex Time, so many of us already have experience with remote work. For tools we typically use Zoom or Google Hangouts for meetings, and Slack to communicate quick messages.

greg
0 Points
 greg

Currently I’m just an agency of one, so I work from home/some coffee shops lol. I prefer in person meetings, as I feel you can understand the clients better. Lately I’ve been doing a lot more Skype calls, and I’m sure those will ramp up over the next few weeks. Anyone have a video messaging service they prefer over skype?

Ankur
85 Points

I’ve heard Zoom is a good option @Greg. An interesting feature that it has is automatic cloud recording for all paid subscribers. I find that feature really valuable because I generally tend to forget clicking on the record option on my Google hangouts calls.

During remote work, it can be really handy at times to revisit meetings to catch important points!

greg
0 Points
 greg

Thanks for the response! I’ve never recorded an online meeting before, but maybe I’ll start doing that. I feel I can’t pick up on small details in online meetings, so maybe reviewing them after will help me catch important points.

Ankur
85 Points

Happy to help, @Greg.

Another interesting feature that you can use is the “turn on captions” feature that Google Hangouts has. Zoom has it as well. In my experience it has a 85% accuracy rate, but it sure helps understand conversations better. Especially if you have more than 10 people in a meeting with crosstalk.