Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect
with like-minded conquerers around the world.

Notifications
Clear all

Replacement for Facebook analytics when Facebook shuts that down

Gordon Holtslander
65 Points
Topic starter

Hi Vendasta team,

I'm just wondering what people's (and Vendasta's) plans are for the removal of Facebook analytics. Do you have a replacement? Can you approach getting that information from some other way?

I'm hoping someone has a good solution!

5 Replies
Dante Crescenzi
37 Points

Excellent question!

Sarah Cardoso
13 Points

Great question, would love an update too

BradLowrey
7 Points

If you're running Facebook Business Suite, a lot of the analytics should still be available—albeit a bit more difficult to find. Depending on the metrics you're looking for, there are the Vendasta Social Marketing and Social Status. If you're publishing outside of Vendasta, I find most tools pull in metrics including Hootsuite and Sprout Social.

Right now, I'm not running any major social programs for clients, so FBS is good enough for tracking my own numbers outside of social campaigns built with SharpSpring.

Thomas Mueller
215 Points

It seems with the recent actions, unethical behaviour and approach to collect all and everything from anyone but building a data monopoly not providing such analytics anymore, they make themselves obsolete.

Gordon Holtslander
65 Points
Topic starter

While I totally agree with your assessment of Facebook @Thomas Mueller , with 2.8 billion monthly active users and 1.8 billion DAILY users, you can't really walk away from the platform just yet.

The Facebook team has offered the following alternatives for those many individuals and groups feeling adrift without Facebook Analytics as part of their future:

• Facebook Business Suite, the single point of entry for businesses managing their Instagram and Facebook business presences. Yes, it gives you insights into trends, audience, and content performance. However, it is not available to everyone because you need to have a business page set up.
  • Ads manager, this is the command center for all things Facebook and Instagram advertising.
  • Events manager, again, is your command center for your branded events, whether they take place through your website, in an app, another virtual environment, or in-person.

Although it's not nearly as handy as having all the stats rolled up into a single location, you should still be able to approximate the experience of Facebook Analytics across those three Facebook for Business tools.