Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect
with like-minded conquerers around the world.

Notifications
Clear all

Started a month ago....Looking for a mentor

BrandSleuth
16 Points
Topic starter

After being laid off as a National Brand Manager in April, I didn’t have much choice except to start freelancing. I began to build what was to be a simple, one-page professional website, and it ended up becoming a complete brand rollout for integrated marketing. I only have a few clients so far, but I need to expand into an eCommerce print marketing store where my clients can order printed marketing materials from the business center. I have NO idea what I’m doing or which direction to go. I began building products in WooCommerce on Wordpress but there HAS to be a simpler way or integration method. A month into this thing and I’m kind of at the point where I’ve done as much as I can on my own. Starting a business is humbling. I could use some guidance. Thanks.

3 Replies
anant_urala
5 Points

hi Grant, I understand how sometimes getting a hang of something can be frustrating when there’s no go-to help. I’m a Product Manager at Vendasta and I don’t promise to solve all your problems, but I can listen to what you’ve been trying to do, help you with some resources on those activities, and point you in the right directions. If you think that’d be helpful, we can set up a 30 min call soon. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Jacqueline Cook
8 Points

Welcome, Grant, and congrats on your journey so far. It’s not easy to do what you did, and I can assure you we’re working hard to provide you with even more training and resources–specifically around eCommerce. My colleagues @skokott and @Calista_Cooper are working on some tools for exactly this as we speak.

In the meantime, we’ve started a series of community sessions led by Vendasta Partners for sharing best practices and asking honest questions of each other. The next one is tomorrow (Friday) and we’d love to have you join if you can make it.

Tyler Morris
3 Points

Hi Grant,
Sounds like you have problems many others would like to have... I've been there. Similar to Anant, I may not have all the answers you are looking for but always willing/able to answer questions and see I can point you in the right direction in terms of available tools, plugins and resources. Tyler