Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect
with like-minded conquerers around the world.

Notifications
Clear all

Strategies for Converting Prospects

DanBranda
87 Points
Topic starter

In terms of cold emailing prospects generated from a Mapify or similar tool or by harvesting member details from the local Chamber of Commerce, I am wondering what the most successful strategy is to convert into customers (either in terms of conversion rate or ROI).

1. Create a snapshot report and begin an email campaign
  2. Invite to use Local Online Business Toolkit for a trial period, and then follow up with a Snapshot Report for those prospects that accept

The first strategy has an obvious cost associated with it, either capping my monthly cold emails to my free snapshots or paying $2 per additional.

The second strategy is throttled differently, in that I can purge leads who do not upgrade after the trial period. But the more paying customers I have, the fewer free spots on the Business App.

6 Replies
F.David.Schultz
179 Points

Hey Dan, this is a great question! If you're working with a particularly large list, I'd recommend starting with the Email Campaign titled "Local Marketing Snapshot Listing Scan - U.S. Only". You can find it under Marketing > Customer Acquisition > Recommended Campaigns.

This provides a free listing scan from Yext that the business can run, and then you can take your next actions based on engagement. If you're seeing opens and clicks, that's a great indicator to follow up with a Snapshot Report to give them more detailed information and get your foot in the door.

I recommend using the Online Toolkit as a way to protect to those who already have a relationship with (if you think they'd see your email and go, "Oh, this is from Dan. I know him!" that's enough). We have another recommended campaign titled "Local Business Online Toolkit Adoption Campaign" found in the same spot. Pre-activate the Toolkit products and then send that out.

I hope this helps spark some ideas. I'd love to see what others think!

JonNeher
304 Points

Love this discussion, Dan.

One way you could make it so you "waste" less is by creating a mini-campaign that sends prospects to a landing page with an Acquisition Widget. This widget can then generate the Snapshot or turn on an Online Toolkit.

Upside: Only "interested" prospects will be given these prospecting tools. Downside: Some prospects are less likely to use things if they have to fill out another form.

One thing I always like to remind myself of for cold outreach is that it can take a lot of attempts to connect with a prospect – some studies show an average of 8 phone-calls! Even if you've hit your "soft-cap" that doesn't mean there aren't things you can do with your lead funnel!

DanBranda
87 Points
Topic starter

David, thank you for pointing out the Listing Scan campaign.

However, my gut is that my potential customers do not realize that Listings are a pain point. Depending on their circumstances, every day they feel that their website is slow or aggravate that they are not ranking on Google or that they aren't seeing clicks from their ads. In other words, Listings are the type of service that requires an information campaign to be successful, and I'd rather do something like that with customers who are already familiar with me.

That said, I prefer data to my gut. Do we have access to how the recommended campaigns typically perform?

DanBranda
87 Points
Topic starter

Thank you Jon. I do plan to re-design my website to incorporate the widget and other tools that I now have access to. (Very excited by the promise of Visual Visitor.)

Prior to getting the widget up and running, I would like to get an email campaign out the door which is why I had narrowed it down to these two options.

Perhaps the best thing to do is A|B test?

JonNeher
304 Points

Nothing wrong with a good A|B test!

My initial guess is that the Click-Through-Rate of the Snapshot Reports would be higher, but I'm going to see if we can get any data on that for you!

Cal
41543 Points
 Cal

Hey Dan,

This is a great conversation for Wednesday Watercooler Webinars recurring at 1PM CST. Join us tomorrow if you can make it and we can chat about this and any other burning questions you have! It's an added bonus just for our Newdasta onboarding crew 🙂

Hope to see you there! You can join via: https://meet.google.com/xnr-ccnw-ofr