Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect
with like-minded conquerers around the world.

Notifications
Clear all

Sales & Success Center The best cold call script!

DouglasCampbell
122 Points
Topic starter

Hey folks,

I've built my first list of 50 or so cold leads to practice selling to! I'm curious if there's any script for this first call that people have found success with from their experience? 

For some context, the GOAL of this initial sales call is to offer to run a snapshot report for them, get their email if they're interested and then schedule on a Zoom so I can run through the sales script as outlined by the Digital Concierge method: short prez -> snapshot overview -> business app tour and then a fast close on a toolkit pro, with the opp for an upsell of other services as a bonus!

I'm thinking something short and sweet, like: Introduce myself, how I help local businesses, asking some questions about what their challenges are, and then offer to do a free, no obligation report for them. Get their email address and not take too much more of their time... just move them to an opportunity in my pipeline and schedule the Zoom follow up within short order.

Would love any tips from experiences sellers!

🙂

12 Replies
Jim Graf
101 Points

What I do is scrape data from the internet for my targeted business sector and add them as accounts with a user. You will need their name and email to add as a user. After they are added I select one of the ready made campaigns for the Snapshot report, edit to fit my target, create a list and run the campaign. I typically run about 30 at a time as I get about a 50% open rate. Be prepared to call the opens immediately. There is a podcast with George Leaf on a script and follow-up.

3 Replies
Reputactfounder

45 Points

@Jim Graf Thank you for this. Do you know which episode of the podcast that is?

Adam Tomporowski

343 Points
Jim Graf

101 Points
mikecorso
84 Points

Try: "Hi, I ran an analysis of your online visibility and noticed a few missed opportunities. Can we schedule a 15 min call on Wednesday to review...no obligation whatsoever." 

Then, on next call, go through 5 point checklist (Thanks, @JaniceChristopher!).

Mike Corso

2 Replies
Jim Graf

101 Points

@mikecorso

Mike:

I like that. I typically go down the Google and Facebook reviews path and then offer the Snapshot report so they can see how they rank.

You really expand on this with your checklist.

MicahGaudio

135 Points

@mikecorso Thank you ?

DouglasCampbell
122 Points
Topic starter

THANKS everyone! Wow that checklist is super thorough - far too much for a cold call I think?  My intention is to get prospects sold on the benefits of the local toolkit pro (with perhaps one or two upsells if they're receptive) as an entry into the Vendasta ecosystem. This is the Digital Concierge method that I mentioned in my link in my original post. Then in the subsequent onboarding and consulting calls I can see drilling down on more of those things outlined in the five-point checklist, and from there layering on products accordingly... I'm trying not to overwhelm them (or myself as a new partner!) with too much too quickly. 

I'm curious if anyone's had success with that approach? 

1 Reply
mikecorso

84 Points

@douglascampbell yeah, to clarify, the checklist is NOT for the cold call. It's a scheduled call to get them to a 1:1 PAID deep dive consult.

Mike

DouglasCampbell
122 Points
Topic starter

That's GREAT info, thanks Mike!

2 Replies
lane332

11 Points

@douglascampbell how are things going with the cold calls? What has or hasn't worked for you?

DouglasCampbell

122 Points

Hi! Just putting some finishing touches on my website and sales deck and planning to start calling next week after the holiday 🙂