Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect
with like-minded conquerers around the world.

Notifications
Clear all

Business App Using products for ourselves

Phil Wharton
18 Points
Topic starter

Hi guys.

This may be a silly question but hopefully you can answer it for me.

With all the products available for our customers including the 'free tools' Is there somewhere we can use them as partners to grow our own business or do we have to enter our business in as a customer?

Thanks in advance.

Phil

Manchester, UK

8 Replies
Russ Michaels
61 Points

you have to create yourself as a customer

DouglasCampbell
122 Points

Yep, creating account for your company, using a different email address. You can then activate products at a wholesale price. I just did it and I'm testing out a bunch of things before offering them to my clients.. 

Phil Wharton
18 Points
Topic starter

Cheers guys.

That seems odd to me because surely you are supposed to be able to manage your agency in one place. 

Im finding the platform extremely disjointed and difficult to navigate. You never really know which section you are in or who you are managing/operating at the time.

Do you guys feel that way or is it just me?

Not moaning I just think the UX is poor and would value others opinions.

Phil 

2 Replies
Russ Michaels

61 Points

@Phil Whartonyep that was exactly my impression as well.

It is not intuitive and UX UI is awful.
It looks like someone just asked a developer "make an app that does this", No planning or UX design, just left it to the developer.

And more things have just been bolted on over time.

I have not actually used it to date, as my customers tend to be very computer illiterate and they would struggle to use this system.

I also do not want to give me clients yet another system to login to as I tend to manage everything for them. They already have my billing system and CRM to login to as it is.

So I would prefer the ability to just create everything under my own account, but I cannot do that either.
So I would still have to create an account for each client with the emails coming to me.

The whole store is also a bit of a mess, especially if you try to integrate it into your own website.

Phil Wharton

18 Points

@russmichaels-me-uk I am so glad it's not just me. Prime example of a company who are too busy trying to sell and offer everything without perfecting what they have.

I'm not sure what to do about this as the concept and idea is perfect but that platform is dog awful.

william290
7 Points

Yeah, that piece and the whole white labelling thing vex me!

Phil Wharton
18 Points
Topic starter

I love the idea I just don't think it's been executed well. It's far to disjoined and the products aren't value for money I'm afraid.

Such a shame.

DouglasCampbell
122 Points

I couldn't agree more about the disjointed UI And it's taking me about two months to feel comfortable navigating it and beginning to sell it. HOWEVER I don't think there's many platforms that do as much as Vendasta does. That said I hope they use some of their new $150 million equity investment to bring on some more UX UI designers. The sheer amount of little bugs that I find and weird and consistencies are a little bit of a bummer for such a high priced yearly subscription. But I'm holding out hope that things continue to move in the right direction. They certainly do seem to be receptive to feedback and willing to implement solutions. Hopefully they'll invest more in their design team going forward ?