Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect
with like-minded conquerers around the world.

Notifications
Clear all

What is SEO and how can it help local businesses?

isicat
16 Points
Topic starter

SEO - or Search Engine Optimization is the process of maximizing the number of visitors to a particular website by ensuring that the site appears high on the list of results returned by a search engine. - Google

This makes sense. It’s one thing to have a great website, but this is only step one. How are you going to get people to that website? This is equally, if not more important.

We have this saying/joke here at Vendasta: The best place to hide a dead body is on the second page of Google, because no one goes there! (please use this joke when pitching SEO).

Let’s think about our own consumer behaviour for a moment. Let’s say you just got into a car accident, and now you need to pick a place to get your vehicle repaired. A common Google search may be: Auto repair (enter your city here) You conduct that search and you’re maybe going to pick on the top 2-3 websites to at least inquire about the repair, or book an estimate.

Would you ever go to the second page and beyond? No. Digital marketer Neil Patel in his research says that 75% of people never go past page 1. This holds true if we think about our own consumer behaviour. I know I never go past.

As a small business, you cannot afford to be ranking after page one. Having SEO as part of your digital marketing strategy should be step two after getting the website fully done-up and looking pretty. You don’t want to run SEO on a website that looks like it is from 2005. SEO takes time, to rank on various keywords. SEO is like going to the gym - it’ll take time to build up muscle (ranking) and then when you get to the top, you can’t just stop, or you’ll lose all your muscle slowly, but surely.

Oh, and our MSRP on SEO usually is about 100% margin , of monthly recurring revenue.

We have 3 SEO Vendors: Alpha SEO, SEO Network, and Boostability.

All three do great work, and in a non-covid world, are usually visiting Vendasta HQ every quarter or so. We have a very hands-on connection with them.

I hope you’ve made it this far. Please take 30 minutes of time to book a meeting with any one of the vendors (linked below) to learn more about SEO and even discuss potential sales opportunities. They can even come up with a proposal for you!

Alpha SEO

SEO Network

Boostability - Email Stefan Grant- sgrant@boostability.com or call 1 385-630-4565

1 Reply
Hashim
1944 Points

Ian, this a great insight into SEO. I would like to add that the objective of SEO is to add traffic to your website whether it converts is an entirely different conversation. Most businesses need to realize that SEO optimization is one of the component of their customer journey.