Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect
with like-minded conquerers around the world.

Notifications
Clear all

Marketing Services Who has used Vendasta Marketing Services To Build Websites

PaulDouglas
418 Points
Topic starter

I have two clients that have asked me for samples of sites I have built and have several I could share with them, However, since my plan is to have MArketing Services do the build showing off the sites I built is a moot point. If you have used Vendasta to build your sites, would you care to share the links so I can show them off?

14 Replies
Janine Coogler
5 Points

Hi Paul,

I have yet to use their web development services, but here is the link to the examples of their websites: https://examples.yourdigitalagents.com/websites/

Peter Hargreaves
60 Points

They built my website www.digitecher.com happy for you to show that around... all feedback welcome... I've also got 1 client site mid-development, 1 about to start (the initiation process is long winded because the form needs to be completed before you can activate on the platform) and another awaiting my proposal (this one will be much more complex than a standard framework). I've used my own site as demo and each seems to like it...

The only real issue I've had with the dev team is that they use email chains for comms with client which is kind of a bit 1990s, inefficient and prone to error. They use Task Manager internally, so i know where they're up to but it's not very professional on the client side.

Russ Michaels
61 Points

I actually do all my websites myself.

The problem is with these agencies is that they use wordpress for everything, even those most basic sites which tends to be overkill.

WordPress is great but also requires ongoing management and maintenance to keep it secure and up to date. The average website owner is oblivious to this and so WordPress ends up our of date and eventually getting hacked.

it also requires WordPress optimized hosting to make it load fast. If you use cheap hosting, performance will be a dog, which also effects your Google ranking.

So make sure you keep these things in mind.

I use this for the more basic /simple sites and clients with a tiny budget.

https://clients.michaels.me.uk/sitebuilder-demo.php

GeorgeLeith
23510 Points

Thanks for your comments Peter! We are working to make the Communcations better. Adding my colleagues on Vendasta’s senior team to weigh in on your comments. @jeff Folckemer and @gib Olander

jeff
20 Points
 jeff

Hi Peter,

We are working to eliminate the order form that requires all the detail. We are also working to make the communication all in the Platform. Would love to chat and get your input!

Jfolckemer@vendasta.com

jeff
20 Points
 jeff

Hi Paul,

Our sites are built in Wordpress. We host through Google Cloud. Top security and great hosting. The nice part about Wordpress is the site can be adjusted by anyone. Specialized CMS platforms can hold you hostage on your own content etc. If you need sample links etc. reach out to Mark MBarrera@vendasta.com.

Shawn Hodgson
101 Points

We built out a site using vendasta services for one of our clients and they are very happy with it. Www.Procangroup.com

Diane Francis
22 Points

The link below is the Frameworks site.

https://frameworks.yourdigitalagents.com

Blaine Fallis
13 Points

Thanks for posting this. I'm having my Agency website redone using Vendasta and I worry I haven't given them enough information, and I wonder if I'm allowed open communications beyond the one email that's for revision. I think regarding content I can. But I appreciate how you've customized your Vendasta store. I plan to do more of that later.

Peter Hargreaves
60 Points

Hi Blaine, as you'll see from the responses above, Vendasta are looking at improving the comms. For now, though, it looks like you should just respond to the one email.

I found that i could create any form of response, it just had to be in the same chain. You're not content-limited.

As mentioned, it gets tricky when you've got a range of parallel comms ongoing in a single email chain as you have to jump around within it and it can be awkward to keep the focus. Plus you may loose the response to a thread of comms because some other subject is raised in mid conversation.

I did try to email separately and just didn't get a reply, so I'd stick to the single email chain and be strict with managing your requirements outside the emails so that you can raise the subject again, should it get lost in the noise

Blaine Fallis
13 Points

I used this url when looking for a framework for my client and for my own agency site
https://examples.yourdigitalagents.com/
plus it gives me an idea of what's possible besides just web design.

Actually, I realize now it was the frameworks page I used

https://frameworks.yourdigitalagents.com/

But I can see the other url:https://examples.yourdigitalagents.com/websites/

is suitable for a prospect to look at. Example websites.

Melanie Adkins
88 Points

We've completed a couple sites.. and are also currently "on hold" with a couple sites, due to some difficulties getting content. Here are the successful ones, you're free to use as an example: www.jerryratway.com and www.coloredbyjen.com

I was happy to read above that the dev team is trying to repurpose the use of the Form. That is extremely exciting news. For a couple reasons. If a client agrees to sign a contract for a website, then they pay me in full, then we can actually begin working together to pull together content/photos through consultation. However, it can take weeks/months to get that content ready, especially depending on the attention/decisions of the client. So I really cant fill out a Vendasta form until after ALL the content has been collected. Which is stressful, because it's not in the system yet, and I wish I could get it logged in. What would be much better on this end is to have a preliminary form -- to add the basic Name Address Company, etc -- with a general description of the size (1/5/10 page site) -- and get us in the queue and organized. Then allow us time to pull together the content, with an actual account to attach it to.

In terms of choosing a template, depending on picky your client is, it is EXTREMELY important to inform the client that the template they are choosing will be used *very literally.* The colors/images will change, but the sections used are not able to be changed up that much. So they really need to choose a template with their own content in mind.> https://frameworks.yourdigitalagents.com/

I haven't had trouble selling the $40 web hosting piece of it, because clients are relieved to know that if it gets hacked, or something bad happens, theres someone to go to for support. And they like knowing that we can update content/images for them as well.

I have found the web team to be extremely responsive and eager to help, and love working with Adam Pacholik and Keegan each time to get any input before signing a client.

Long answer but hopefully helpful. 🙂

Melanie Adkins
88 Points

BTW, those 2 example sites are super short/simple, and had very little input from the client because they were so chill. I also have a couple bigger sites on hold, including a 23 page custom-priced site, that are taking much longer because there are tons of details needing to be coaxed out of the client. I do stress about only getting 1 round of edits, but the team has been more than happy to help with that under special circumstances, and Ive heard we can even pay for additional drafts if we know it will be necessary.

Hasi H
18 Points

Hi Peter, thank you for the feedback! Our Marketing Services team uses a single email thread to keep the client communications a bit more streamlined and the Task Manager as an internal project management tool.

We have recently built a communications team to provide a better experience for our Partners and SMB's and ensure that we are on track with the project fulfillment timeline. We have also implemented the use of a ticketing system to manage the external communications better.

Feedback like this helps us constantly improve our customer experiences by knowing what we are doing right and what we can work on. So, I appreciate you taking the time to send us this helpful response. I would love to connect with you and discuss a bit more on how we could better cater to your clients on the communications side. You can also reach me directly at hhemanth@vendasta.com.